Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Twelve months...adjusted

Today is the 15th month birthday for the boys, which also means that they're finally 1 year old (adjusted for prematurity). Yesterday was actually their full term due date birthday.


I want to apologize for my short break from the blog. It wasn't intentional, but we've been busy! Thanks for checking the blog and sorry for no new posts for a while. In addition to being busy, we spent a week at my Mother-in-law's house (MaSha), so stay tuned for a post about that.

There are lots of new things going on around here!

Now that the boys are over a year old, I'm not doing my monthly updates and keeping track of all the little things that are happening. Here's a brief overview.

Updates for my 15 month olds...

Stokes - TOOK HIS FIRST STEP YESTERDAY! Ahhhh! It was just one step. Then he chickened out and sat down. I knew it was coming, but I couldn't believe it. Thomas unfortunately missed it and Stokes wouldn't do it again last night...or today, for that matter...but I'm sure he's going to start walking soon and not stop. He's super ticklish and has the funniest little laugh. He's a wild man and is constantly on the move...and he moves FAST! He pulls himself up on everything and can stand independently. Speaking of pulling himself up, he loves to stand on top of things. He will stand on top of his seahorse toy in his crib and will find anything and everything to stand on inside his play yard so that he can be taller and see over the top.

Ryan - doing great with his therapies. We are going to have him evaluated for speech therapy soon and so he'll probably begin that in the near future as well. He has begun making more sounds though. He's not saying words or using consonants, but he's definitely vocally communicating. He's getting stronger and stronger each day and has the best, most easy-going, sweet-natured personality you've ever seen! His therapists love him and although they don't technically say it, I get the feeling that he is the favorite client of each of them! His hair has gotten so curly after we give him a bath. You can't tell after it dries, but it's full of curls when it's wet.

William - is such a people person. He wants to be held a lot and loves coming over to climb up in my lap whenever I'm sitting down in the floor. He's very perceptive and loves to learn new things. He recently started holding his arms up and doing the touchdown pose whenever we say "Touchdown!". He immediately starts clapping after that because as soon as he does "touchdown", we always say, "YAYYYY!" He's crawling a lot now, but still moves at his own speed. He can't quite keep up with Stokes from a speed standpoint. William LOVES books and will forego other toys to grab a book and page through it.

As of yesterday, I've done away with the bottles. For the most part anyways! Ryan's not quite ready for a sippy cup full time, so he's still on his bottles. He's getting a mixture of formula and whole milk. Stokes and William, on the other hand, are FINISHED with their bottles and formula. They've moved on, and so have I! I am excited about only having 4 bottles to wash each day vs. 12.

The boys go for the 15 month well check with the pediatrician tomorrow so I'll have an update for you about that. I just feel like I have so much new info to share with you, but I don't want to put it all in one post. So I'm going to spread it out and build suspense. Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment