Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy homecoming anniversary, Ryan

On this day last year, Ryan came home after spending 68 days in the NICU. It was a HUGE day for us. Remember this post?

Although his first birthday has come and gone, today almost feels like his real first birthday for me. This marks one year of me being the main caregiver for Ryan. It's been one year since he became a resident of this home.

I remember how nervous and scared I was to bring him home. I was so very excited, but so nervous. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to really care for him. I was worried that I wouldn't be a good enough mom. I was worried about not getting sleep and the exhaustion that comes with having a newborn. I was also worried about not being able to go to the NICU to spend time with Stokes and William. Once discharged from the NICU, a child is not able to go back in, with the exception of sibling visiting hours, so I couldn't take Ryan to the NICU with me. I didn't want to abandon his brothers, but they had nurses taking care of them and my main job was to be at home to take care of Ryan. I could only go visit when Thomas was at home from work and could keep Ryan.

I'm still so proud of the fact that he came home first, before either of his brothers. What a stud!

Happy homecoming anniversary to my sweet, darling angel baby, Ryan!

November 1, 2013...

Leaving the hospital in a
wheelchair, just like a new mom
and a newborn baby!!!




Loaded in the car
First night at home!

November 1, 2014...






1 comment:

  1. What a year it has been!!! Ryan is so handsome!! Cannot believe how big he is!! You are doing an awesome job, mama!!

    ReplyDelete