Sunday, December 2, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

We took our annual Thanksgiving trip to NW Georgia to visit with extended family. We only go there this one time of year, so I cherish this time and love how it takes me back with years and years of memories. We're missing several key people that I wish were there. It's not a new change, but being there at Nana's house reminds me of who is not there and who we miss terribly.

We arrived there a little late this year, but there was still PLENTY of food left for us to chow down! Everything was so, so good.

It was a beautiful day and we got to eat our Thanksgiving meal out on the back deck and it felt incredible.

When we go to Nana's for Thanksgiving, the boys are the center of attention, being the youngest of the bunch, and they love every minute of it!

THE FOOD!

This is the BEST stuff

These cakes were ALMOST too pretty to cut!

The family time!
Swinging with Kelsea

W snuggling with Kacie

Stokes was "working" on Nana's computer

Round # 3 or so of food. I lose count. 

Nice pose, William!

Since we don't see this side of the family for Christmas, we take this opportunity to exchange a few gifts with them.
Time to open presents from Nana!

Gettin' after it

Nana bought them the cutest piggy banks
and gave them each $10 to put in it

Jacob was assisting Ryan

Nana using the hand-over-hand technique

"Thank you, Nana!"
Movie watching time
(one of my Thanksgiving time faves)

SOOOOO excited about their Nike shirts
from Michael

Awwww

Ryan with his shirt, too!
I'm not sure when I thought brand name items would become "a thing", but I was NOT expecting it at 5 years old. Apparently, a kid in their class wears Nike shoes and socks and now they are obsessed with Nike. And yes, I am rolling my eyes at this. I gave Michael the Nike hint when he asked what he could get for them and he hit it out of park. They love these shirts! And they like to wear them with their Nike pants. Of course.

We spent the night on Thanksgiving there at Nana's. William slept in the bed with Nana, and I couldn't believe it but Stokes actually slept all night outside in Nana's camper with Kacie and Kelsea. He thought he was so big!

I had a big conversation with Anne on Friday morning at Starbucks, which was very impactful for me. We haven't had a very close relationship in many years, and I felt like we needed to have some time to just talk. I'm not sure about her take on the get together, but it meant a lot to me. No photo evidence of this meet up.

After that, we pretty much just ate and ran. We heated up some leftovers at Nana's house so that we could take full advantage of all the yummy Thanksgiving food. We figured traffic would be pretty brutal and we wanted to minimize the amount of time we'd be driving in the dark so we left by 2 or 2:30. I can't believe how old we sound with this driving in the dark business. Seriously!

Anyway.....we loved seeing our family and enjoying the holidays with people we love. We are so very thankful for so many people and things in our lives. We're thankful for good health and all the ways our lives are richly blessed. We love our sweet, sweet family members and had another wonderful Thanksgiving, as expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment