Friday, July 29, 2016

Dabo's ladies clinic 2016

If you read this blog on a fairly regular basis,  you've probably picked up on the fact that I like Clemson...A LOT. Yes, I admit it, I am obsessed with Clemson football and straight up STALK all things football. I am shocked that I never went to the ladies clinic before this year, but that has all changed. I plan to go every year from now on unless I have a major scheduling conflict. It was awesome. Completely awesome. Especially for football psychos like me. :)

The thing I liked best was just getting an inside look at the football and athletic offices and facilities. We were inside the indoor practice building, the locker room, the weight room, the meeting room, etc., etc. It was so cool! There were also lots of former and current players, along with Dabo and all of the assistant coaches. They all were so friendly and willing to chat, sign autographs, answer questions and take pictures. It was seriously the best day ever!

Here are a few pictures from the day with my Clemson tribe.

Group shot with Coach Dabo Swinney (nicest man in the world!)

Group shot in the locker room

Put us in, Coach!

5 Star Defensive Back Recruit ;)

The countdown clock in the weight room has the
time down to the second!

The "Get Back Guy" for Coach Venebles

Showing Dabo a picture of the boys and asking
him to sign their book!

Corey with Dabo

The man, the myth, the legend. Our HBC

Coach Tony Elliott and me

Carole and me with the Tiger Cub

Carole and the Cub

Carole with one of Dabo's sons - Clay.
Isn't he adorable?!?!

Corey and me inside the showers in the locker room

Posing with Tyshon Dye and Albert Huggins

Me with former player Tyler Grisham
He was always a favorite of mine...hmmm...
I wonder why!!! #crushalert

Our tribe with Howard's Rock
It was such a special day and a real treat for me to go. I loved hanging out with the players, which by the way, were so polite and so sweet! Lots of "yes, ma'am"s. I hope they don't act that way on the field, but with the ladies, they were first class gentlemen!

I appreciated Thomas staying home to watch the guys so that I could spend the day in Tiger Town. Unfortunately, Stokes had an upset tummy and threw up 3 times during the course of the ladies clinic. I felt so bad for Stokes and for Thomas! By the time I got home that evening, he was feeling much better, thank goodness!

My poor baby.



I am already looking forward to the 2017 Ladies Clinic. Sign me up! I've got it on my calendar and do not want to miss it!

Former players that I got to talk to: Thomas Austin (he was our group leader), DeAndre McDaniel (one of my defensive faves from a few years ago) and of course, former tight end, Tyler Gresham (hottie!!!). Where was Tajh?!?! Maybe he'll be around next year. Current players that I saw and/or talked to included: Christian Wilkins, Tyshon Dye, Wayne Gallman, Kelly Bryant, Hunter Renfrow, Cornell Powell, Tanner Muse, J.C. Chalk, Adam Choice, Jalen Williams, JD and Judah Davis, Grant Radakovich, Will Spiers, Jabril Robinson, Jay Guillermo, Scott Pagano, Maverick Morris, Kanyon Tuttle, Austin Bryant, Greg Huegel, Clelin Ferrell, and Albert Huggins - that's all I can remember. There were probably more! Pretty impressive, huh! We sure did miss Deshaun though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment