Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Missing my boys!

I had some scheduled business travel from Sunday, Jan. 11 - Thursday, Jan. 15. I was just barely feeling better from the stomach bug (or flu?!?!?) on Sunday morning when I was going to catch my flight. I had been debating the day before about whether to cancel my trip or not, but thankfully I was feeling well enough to get on that plane.

Here's what I left...right before I left for the airport, we got the boys up.

William - this is some SERIOUS bedhead, folks!

Ryan - sweet fella

Stokes - our wild man

So hard to say goodbye to these sweet faces!

I went up to NYC for a big conference. Incidentally, Thomas had to go to this conference as well so we had a tag team of helpers at our house in our absence. Layla, our nanny, was there during the day along with Fifi and Jerry, who were staying at our house all week, and MaSha made a point to come by a lot and spend the night a few days for extra help!

Entering NYC by air
Then after attending the conference for a few days, I went to our office in Buffalo until Thursday. I got to see a lot of snow on the ground in Buffalo. I kid you not, on Wednesday it was -1 degrees F, and felt like -7 with wind chill. It was COLD! Anyway, it was a good trip but I was ready to get home!

I got home around 10 PM on Thursday night and snuck in to see the boys while they were sleeping. I just couldn't stand waiting until the morning to see them! I didn't touch Stokes since he's a finicky sleeper and once he's up, he doesn't want to go back to sleep, but I got to hold and kiss Ryan's hand, and rub William's back and head. It felt great to be home and with my family.

The other thing is that I had a girls weekend scheduled for this weekend with my besties. The timing was a little unfortunate, coming off of being sick and then out of town all week, but it's always good to see my girls! We stayed at Diane's parents' house. We had some delicious meals, good cocktails and lots of great conversation!

5-4-5 selfie after lunch at Bacon Bros.

Pre-dinner cocktail time

Diane and me
I couldn't stand being away from the little guys all weekend, so we came by on Saturday afternoon to hang out with them for a little while. :)

Jacqui, Ryan, Stokes, William and me

He thinks wearing these glasses is so funny!
Now I'm done traveling for a while, girls weekend is over and I'm going back to the regular day to day schedule. I'm glad to get back into my standard routine and spend more time with my family. It's been a busy few weeks so it's nice to get to relax a little.

I've got several more updates to let you know about, so check back in soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment