Monday, August 8, 2016

Olympics!

So, the 2016 Olympics in Rio has officially begun. The boys stayed downstairs with us for the first part of the Opening Ceremonies on Friday evening so that we could include them in this fabulous, patriotic, adrenaline dose of fanfare called the Olympics. Gosh, I love it!

Make no mistake, there's no room for regular tv watching in this house for the next two weeks. We will be broadcasting Olympics coverage pretty much any time our tv is on. I get so wrapped up in it! 

The boys and me in our most patriotic ensembles!

Daredevil Stokes and William

Ryan and William

William asked me to take this picture of him! :)


After Stokes got bored of posing for pictures and jumped
down off the couch...

Cutie boy
Is it just me, or do you suddenly feel like you could have been an Olympic swimmer (or runner or whatever), if only you had put your mind to it? Like you just know that this athletic greatness is in you somewhere? I do realize that I could never do gymnastics like that considering I struggled with my back handspring for three straight years during high school cheerleading, but almost any other sport I feel like is fair game for this nostalgia. If only I was 14 again, I would start training for the 2020 games. Well....probably...most likely...I would. I also kind of want to get in a lap pool right now and swim fast until I can't swim any longer (probably about 100M if I'm being generous - ha!).

But darn you, Olympics, for making me stay up so late every night! Midnight is not a good bedtime for me. Stop it, Olympics and NBC. I am tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment