Thursday, July 14, 2016

Summer nights

I love summer. So there's that. What better way to spend an evening after school/work than cruising in the Jeeps in the driveway?!?!

The Jeeps are funny because the boys love driving them, but they haven't quite mastered the skill. Getting the Jeeps out requires a lot of adult supervision and intervention at times. It's not the kind of activity where I can just pull out a tailgate chair and chill while the boys play. I have to make sure they're not running into each other, anyone that is standing, the garage door, my car, the bushes, etc. It's fun but exhausting. They're finally getting how to use the gear shift to switch to reverse and back, but steering and the concept of taking their foot off the gas when I say/yell, "STOP!" are two skills that they need to work on. Stokes does a little better than William with stopping but they both need {a lot} of practice. 

Anyway, I had dinner in the oven, we were waiting on Dada to get home, it was light and warm outside, and because it's SUMMER, we went to the driveway for some driving time! 


The NEW thing - lifting up the hood to make
sure everything looks good in there.
Could have something to do with our
trip to Advanced Auto to replace
Nana's car battery last month. :)

Ready to drive!


Content to hang out in the garage for a while

Ryan riding with William
Stokes can be bossy and didn't want any passengers!

Uh oh! Ran into bush
Ryan thought this was really funny and kept laughing!

William checking on his passenger

Off-roading

Collision!
I had to get them unstuck

Fun in the Jeep

Checking out the battery

Stokes would literally stop every few feet,
get out, lift up the hood, check the battery,
put the hood down, jump back in the Jeep,
drive a few feet and repeat process., over
and over again.
He had me laughing!
Once Dada got home, we got the dogs out and did a doggie bath and a Jeep car wash. The boys "helped" by holding on to the dog's leashes (sort of). I love spending time outdoors while we can! The boys didn't even notice that we were late with dinner because they were having such a good time outside.

Dada with General and Esso post-bath

And because I've had this song in my head non-stop since I started writing this blog post, and because I love it and it's such a feel good tune, here's a little song you should listen to!


1 comment:

  1. You are a REALLY good mom! I absolutely dread it when my girls want to get out their "hot pink car". It. Is. Exhausting.

    ReplyDelete