Tuesday, March 25, 2014

7 Months Old

The boys are 7 months old today and their adjusted age is 4 months old. I'm discovering that this is a really fun age. They've started babbling some and do a lot of smiling and laughing. They don't play with toys much yet, but I've put them in exersaucers and continue to try to introduce toys to them and I think they will become interested pretty soon. Here's an update with specifics about each of the babies.

My sweet triplet babies at 7 months old

Stokes
Stokes is still such a happy and smiley baby. He loves attention and sometimes gets upset when someone isn't paying him the attention that he wants. He has gotten very squirmy and is constantly kicking his legs, grabbing things (mostly his bib or the shirt of whomever is holding him), and shimmying around. When I put him in his Boppy pillow he squirms out of it and keeps traveling across the floor.  It is so funny. When he is on his play mat he grabs the toys that are hanging down and holds on for dear life while he constantly kicks those legs. He still has a shrill cry that is unmistakable. He has taken to "talking" and will sporadically wake up at night with his talking rants which eventually morph into crying. Stokes has really started sucking on his thumb a lot. He wears a size 1 diaper and is in 3 month clothes. He is only a good eater when he wants to be and once he decides he's done with his bottle he will just alternate between smiling and pushing the bottle out of his mouth with his tongue. So far I've fed him peas and carrots and he doesn't seem to really love either one. I'm hoping they will grow on him! He eats his vegetables fairly well but will sometimes spray them out. He is still so funny and has a great laugh. When Stokes smiles, his whole face lights up.  I am starting to notice some little dimples on him. Adorable! He is Mr. Charming and I predict he will have tons of friends.





Ryan
Ryan is so dear and sweet. His demeanor is just precious. He loves to open his eyes wide and he looks all around. He is still pretty calm and laid back unless his reflux is acting up. His hair is starting to come in a little more and is still much lighter in color than either of his brothers. Ryan has really started laughing a lot more now and it is the sweetest sound! It actually sounds a little bit like some of his whimpers, but you can tell he's laughing by his adorable smile. He crinkles up his nose and his eyes look so happy when he's smiling and laughing. He loves being kissed! Ryan sleeps great and is a good napper as well. I read somewhere that brain development happens while the baby sleeps, so I am all for him getting as much sleep as he needs and wants! He wears a size 1 diaper and is in 3 month clothes. He drinks his bottle really well a majority of the time, but every now and then he will fight it and cry and it's just pitiful. I think it's a reflux thing and am keeping an eye on it. He has tried peas and carrots and does a great job eating his vegetables. I don't have to sneak the spoon in; he will open his mouth for me and most of his food is swallowed instead of coming back out on his cheeks and chin. Ryan is doing really well and keeps making developmental steps forward. I am so very of him!




William
William is the snuggliest (is that even a word?!?!) thing! He is my chunky monkey and has rolls from here to eternity. I just love them! He has gotten so big and chubby and who doesn't love a chubby baby?! He has turned such a corner from when he used to cry a lot. Now he is content and happy almost all the time. He loves to put his hands and fingers in his mouth and will self soothe. He talks more now and sounds like he's saying, "Hi" or "Hey"! He will also babble. He has a beautiful smile and looks like the happiest baby on earth. It may be a little early to predict but he seems like a Mama's boy and will look for me when I'm in the room. His laugh is so adorable and melts my heart. Sometimes he'll just squeal and get so excited! He's the least active with movements but when he gets going his arms will flail and he has a great time. A lot of people say he is really starting to look a lot like his Dad and I agree. His eyes are so warm, friendly and sparkly and they draw me in, just like his Dad's eyes. William is wearing a size 2 diaper and is in 6 month clothes. He's typically a great eater with his bottle and almost always finishes whatever is in there but has slowed down recently. We have to stay on him to keep drinking. He has tried peas and carrots and hasn't taken to either one of them just yet. Once I get the spoon in his mouth, he will push the veggies out with his tongue and they'll dribble down his chin. He definitely gets the second swipe of the spoon around his mouth a lot! William is just a happy go lucky baby who doesn't fuss much and is pretty low maintenance. He's so much fun!


I had to snap a picture while he was trying to eat his hands


Of course I talk about how all of them smile so much but when I try to take their monthly pictures I can't get them to smile much! Fifi helped me get a few smiley pictures of them all together.





 
Ryan's sweet baby feet
 

No comments:

Post a Comment